Whether looking at engagement rings or anniversary necklaces, diamond jewellery is almost always reserved for special occasions. Naturally, then, finding a luxury diamond jeweller like Hatton Garden Jewellers that you can trust is absolutely vital.
This simple guide will cover a range of key subjects, such as;
- Verifying a diamond jeweller’s legitimacy
- Lab-grown diamonds vs mined diamonds
- Getting value for money
- Versatility of products and payment options
- Gaining buyer protection
Why does it matter?
Before starting your search for a reputable luxury diamond jeweller, you must first understand the incentives of getting this right.
Diamonds are the most sought gemstone on earth and have been considered the epitome of beauty and luxury for centuries. This is underlined by the fact that polished diamonds boast a worldwide value of $26.7bn. Diamonds make the perfect material for engagement rings due to their aesthetic beauty as well as their robust attributes. They are additionally ideal for statement jewellery or to mark birthdays, anniversaries, and special events.
When giving diamonds (or treating yourself), only the best results will suffice. By choosing an inferior jeweller, you may encounter the following issues;
- Receive an inferior product that hasn’t been correctly graded using the 4 Cs ( colour, clarity, cut, carat). This could mean overpaying for the product.
- Struggles to find the perfect ring, bracelet, or necklace design.
- A lack of care when dealing with sizing adjustments, packaging, lifetime aftercare, and other associated services.
- Difficulties exchanging or refunding a product you’re unhappy with.
- Poor customer care, making it harder for you to make a calculated decision about the very best product.
Ultimately, then, choosing the right jeweller is essential for anyone wanting a convenient experience that results in finding the perfect diamond jewellery. If nothing else, it will deliver peace of mind.
Knowing why you need to partner with a luxury diamond jeweller is one thing. The next step is to locate them.
How to find a great luxury diamond jeweller
When looking for a luxury diamond jeweller, there are several methods that can be used to conduct your research. Online research can be combined with offline methods such as visiting a jeweller directly. Whichever strategies are used, the following checklist will point you in the right direction.
Value for money
Let’s face it; the right product is only deemed the perfect purchase if it is available at the right price. Therefore, it’s imperative that you analyse the prices against those offered by other luxury diamond jewellers.
Here at Hatton Garden Jewellers, we pride ourselves on delivering luxury products at affordable prices. In addition to offering an extensive range of products from some of the best-loved brands, we offer bespoke engagement rings and made-to-measure engagement rings at exceptional prices too.
Our commitment to providing value for money is underlined further by our discount for emergency services workers, as well as the special offers that we provide throughout the year for all customers. This means quality jewellery that will leave the recipient beaming, and a price tag that will keep you smiling too.
Getting a good price is one thing, but a convenient purchase should also offer flexible repayment plans. After all, diamonds aren’t cheap. Fair repayment plans and returns policies will allow you to shop with confidence and peace of mind.
Lab-grown diamonds vs mined diamonds
When purchasing diamond jewellery, products can be differentiated by a wide range of attributes. Perhaps the most important categorisation, however, is lab-grown diamonds versus mined diamonds.
The procedure of mining diamonds from the earth has occurred for generations. While rates have decreased by as much as 14% in recent times, it remains an immensely popular solution. However, it is one that comes with its fair share of problems. Most namely, it can cause damage to the planet by creating a carbon footprint while simultaneously putting lives at risk. Hundreds of miners die each year. Tragically, some of the miners are minors as it is an industry that is (in some parts of the world) still affected by child labour.
Lab-grown diamonds are, as the name suggests, manufactured through advanced technologies and the use of extreme temperatures and pressures. This is to emulate the natural processes that occur deep underground to produce natural diamonds.
The result is a diamond that is perfectly formed with the exact same optical and chemical properties as a mined diamond. Even a professional gemologist would not be able to tell them apart. Yet, they are roughly one-third cheaper. Other benefits include;
- Bespoke jewellery like engagement rings can be made with a diamond specifically lab-formed for this product.
- As mentioned above, they are more ethically sourced and environmentally friendly.
- Lab-grown diamonds are less likely to suffer low gradings compared to traditionally mined options.
- The diamonds are not damaged by impurities like is often seen in mined options.
- The lab-grown diamonds industry hasn’t been impacted by the pandemic, so the supply and demand haven’t been skewed.
Most modern consumers would agree that lab-grown diamonds are the perfect solution for ethical and financial reasons, not least because they look the same as mined diamonds. Here at Hatton Garden Jewellers, we are immensely proud to be a part of the evolution – not least because the savings can be passed onto you.
A reputable luxury diamond jeweller
Having 100% trust and confidence in a jeweller is vital, especially when looking at diamond engagement rings. Your proposal is one of the biggest events in your life and you want every aspect to be perfect, not least the ring that will be on the recipient’s finger.
The wrong ring is unlikely to result in a rejection, but you will notice the sense of disappointment. Likewise, if you’re not 100% confident, it will make you anxious about the event. In short, if you want your dream proposal to become a reality, choosing a reputable jeweller is crucial.
While it is believed that up to 4 in 5 women are happy to wear fake diamonds, the truth is that most couples want real diamonds for engagement rings. More importantly, you don’t want to pay for the real thing when actually receiving fake goods. While the guide to testing fake versus real diamonds is useful, selecting a reputable diamond jeweller like ours service in Hatton Garden is the best solution by far.
The best ways to tell an authentic and genuine jeweller from a substandard one are as follows;
- Check the company’s history and location. If they have operated in a prestigious location for several years, that shows they can be trusted.
- Read verified online reviews through Google and other third-party platforms.
- Look to see if they have won awards, gained accolades, or been praised by the press, For example, we’re celebrated by TimeOut London.
- Ask friends and family who have used the jeweller for a recommendation.
- Call them or pop in store and ask to speak with an expert. Your gut instincts will often give a very clear indication.
Once you know that the luxury diamond jeweller can be trusted to provide excellent diamond rings, bracelets, and necklaces at fair prices, your consumer experience will be greatly improved.
A caring and comprehensive service
In addition to quality diamond pieces, the best jewellers will boast an extensive range of products including bespoke engagement rings, ready to wear diamond engagement rings, diamond earrings, wedding bands, gemstone rings, diamond pendants, diamond tennis bracelets, and eternity rings.
The best luxury diamond jewellers won’t just sell products. They sell experiences. Hatton Garden Jewellers uses a wealth of experience along with a true passion for diamonds to provide world-class care through every stage of the process. From purchase to proposal and beyond, the desire to ensure that your diamond jewellery brings sparkle to your life.
A full and comprehensive jewellery purchasing service should include;
- A detailed consultation to understand what you (or the recipient) loves, as well as the budget.
- The opportunity to buy a range of products and styles, including custom-made jewellery that has seen a 38% increase in popularity.
- Ring sizing services, ring resizing, jewellery cleaning and repair services.
- The chance to sell unwanted jewellery to be exchanged against the cost of the new jewellery.
- Transparency and clear communication throughout the process, especially if a bespoke item is being made, as well as aftercare.
A jeweller who focuses on people rather than just the product will always deliver a better service. Frankly, it’s the least you deserve and you must not settle for anything less.
Buy luxury diamond jewellery at Hatton Garden
By now, the need to find a luxury jeweller for your next diamond jewellery purchase should be clear. Hatton Garden Jewellers is a shining example of how a diamond jeweller can deliver a service befitting of the magical moments that giving diamonds will bring.
Located in Hatton Garden, one of London’s most prestigious jewellery districts, we are a family-operated business that has dedicated nearly 40 years to supporting people like you with a comprehensive and caring service that’s guaranteed to deliver the results you deserve – and this includes a plethora of additional services, such as sizing and ring care.
Give us a call on 020 7404 9202 to book your consultation with our experts today!